Sunday, December 18, 2011
Back? It might be happening.
Life is a bitch. It has been twenty-three months since the last time I blogged here, and it is a little odd coming back. No longer do I live 30 minutes away from the Tank and no longer do I get to watch my games on TV (Thank you FirstRowSports), but my blood still bleeds Teal, and my desire to blog still burns. If you are actually reading this, I would like to welcome you to the return of the Surely This Year. The last incarnation, supposedly a three man team, died in January of 2010. Well, like the Arena Football League, I am back and ready to blog. 

Hopefully I won't be alone this time, as I currently help run the We Like Sharkz Facebook Page. Link here. I will be attempting to get a couple more writers on the site while I, along side writing, would be the editor of the blog as well. 

Tonight marked my first regular-season visit to the Tank this year. College in the middle of butt-fuck no-where (Merced) tends to inhibit your ability to attend a game. I was impressed with the play of the team for the most part, as they did a fairly good job on the penalty kill. That was one of the key things I looked for, and I think my lack of things to say about it is good. The power play looked better (after the crowd gave them the boos they deserved) and Patty slipped in an easy game-winning goal thanks to two great individual efforts. Jamie McGinn has kept growing as a player ever since it seemed he came out of his cocoon in the playoffs last year. He has been skating hard into the corners and winning the puck battles, which led to the power play goal tonight. 

Marty Havlat had a roller coaster of a game, scoring a beautiful goal in the first, then taking two back-to-back penalties in the second. He was not able to finish his ride sadly, as he injured himself getting onto the ice. Yes, Havlat looked to injure his knee attempting to get over the boards, and was unable to put any pressure on his leg. Any long-term injury turns the Havlat-Heatley trade into our worst possible scenario because as everyone has seen, Heatley has helped lead the Wild into the lead of the Western Conference. Let's just hope he gets better soon. 

Off topic, I was finally able to try out Amici's pizza in the HP. I didn't mind it, but my dad hated it. D+ from him.

Thanks for reading, share this with anyone you think might enjoy it, and follow us if you enjoyed the read. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment